Friday, April 27, 2007

Do I blog?

Earlier this week I was sitting in on a presentation by a candidate for our Writing Center Director. He asked, "How many of you blog?" I raised my hand (along with a surprising number of my colleagues), but I felt really guilty about it. I don't blog, do I? I have a blog, but do I blog? Not since November!

And then today I listened raptly to Gardner Campbell's amazing and inspiring audio piece that manages to combine poems and music and planets and time and wikipedia into one coherent and moving message at the end of which you want to punch a fist into the air and shout, "YES!" In closing Gardner talked about a caravan as a kind of community of spirits moving through this adventure of life together.

I'm still not sure I really want to blog. But I do want to be part of that caravan, and I think maybe there's some responsibility for contribution involved with that participation. So maybe I'll start up again.

We'll see. In the meantime, y'all should go listen to Gardner.

No comments: